The research agenda for this work is jointly set between Dr. Strunk, researchers on her team, and her partners at the Los Angeles Unified School District. This research stems from a long-standing partnership between Dr. Strunk and the Los Angeles Unified School District. The express purpose of this partnership is to provide district policymakers with rigorous, timely and relevant scholarship in support of the district’s continued work to support early-career teachers.
The research associate will have the opportunity to engage in several research projects. Duties will include:
- working with Dr. Strunk and LAUSD partners on examining a set of ongoing research questions and developing new research questions about supporting early career teachers;
- preparing and delivering written and oral briefings to district decision-makers;
- developing and writing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals;
- managing the longitudinal dataset including student-, teacher-, principal- and school-level data;
- assisting with oversight of a team of doctoral student research associates;
- in addition to pursuing their own research program.
One benefit of this position is that the Research Associate (postdoctoral) will join a team of researchers studying similar questions across datasets and contexts. We are seeking a person who is excited to be a member of a dynamic and motivated team, and who is driven by a desire to produce both rigorous and relevant research.
The position, which includes benefits, is fixed term annual, 100% time position beginning August 15, 2018 with the potential for renewal in the College of Education.
Doctorate -education, policy, economics, sociology
Ph.D. in education or public policy, economics, sociology or other field. Strong quantitative and data management skills—including experience with Stata—are required, as is interest in pursuing independent and collaborative policy-oriented research in the field of public education.
Required Application Materials
Interested candidates are to apply through http://careers.msu.edu and should include a letter of application stating qualifications for this position, resume/CV , and the names and contact information for three references. The references will be contacted only if requested by the department and are preferably academic.
Review of applications will begin on April 15, 2018 and will continue until filled.
Please contact Prof. Katharine Strunk, email@example.com or at 517-884-6289 with questions.