Education Analytics (EA) is a non-profit organization that uses rigorous data analysis to inform education research, management, and policy decisions. Our staff is a group of highly motivated, energetic, passionate researchers and analysts who work with school districts, states, and foundation partners across the U.S. to identify innovative ways to improve education systems.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Researcher with a Ph.D. in economics, statistics, public policy, education, or a related field who specializes in applied statistics, quantitative methods, or econometrics...
- Developing statistical models for education policy applications that may include, but are not limited to, using the following approaches: linear regression, multilevel/hierarchical linear modeling, Bayesian methods, propensity score matching, and machine learning.
- Securing external funding for research initiatives (e.g., from foundations, through applications to IES, etc.)
- Collaborating with and supervising analysts, programmers, and engineers to implement these models for external partners and for internal research...
Skills and Experience:
- Quantitative Ph.D. in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Sociology, Education, or a related statistically-focused field is required
- 10+ years of post-doctoral research experience in economics, statistics, public policy, education, or a related field in an academic, non-profit, corporate, or other research-focused setting is required
- Proven track record of securing funding for research from foundations, federal agencies (e.g., IES), etc.
- Experience managing teams (e.g., graduate students, undergraduate students, researchers, project assistants etc.)...
To learn more and apply to this position, click here