The Office of Legislative Policy and Research (LPRO) is seeking qualified individuals to provide nonpartisan committee administration, policy analysis, and research services to the Oregon Legislative Assembly in the following diverse policy areas:
- Health and Human Services
The purpose of this full-time, continuing position is to support the development of public policy and the legislative process.
The Legislative Analyst 3 is an authority level policy advisor to legislators and LPRO agency management. The Legislative Analyst 3 has experience working within one of the aformentioned issue areas for a substantial period of time and experience with legislative procedures and committee administration. The Legislative Analyst 3 takes on difficult and complex research projects and staffs challenging committees, task forces, and work groups. Work is visible, and could be of interest to the state legislature, multiple stakeholder groups or constituencies, the public, and the Governor.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local programs, regulations, and funding.
- Experience analyzing and monitoring legislation, policy, and regulations at the local, state, and federal level.
- Experience with research including research design, analytic methods, and use of research to inform policy making.
- Work experience or background with the state or federal government, policy research organizations, or similar agencies/organizations.
- Superior writing, research, analytical, and organizational skills.